Monday, February 8, 2010

Day Two: Fantasia




When I was a little girl, one of my favorite Disney movies was Fantasia. All the colors and fascinating creatures dancing and flowing in sync with the music stunned me. My favorite scene was the goldfish. Their long, flowing orange tails, their crimson lips were so sensual and I knew it even at seven years old. I never forgot them, and often found myself mindlessly doodling goldfish on my notes all through high school. When I turned eighteen, I decided to get a tattoo. I decided I wanted to get one of these goldfish on my lower back and to this day I cannot tell you why, but I don't regret it!


I have noticed that a lot of the things in life that have had an impact on me have absolutely no direct relation to anything in my life. It is a mystery to me why I have been infatuated with these images of goldfish since I was a girl. That is why art exists: To express the things we cannot explain.




So tonight, (after i finished a hard day's work and a gruelling psych. exam) I decided to go with what I know and paint one of these alluring and mysterious creatures. It may not be the masterpiece of a lifetime but all in all I say I made some progress in today's artistic journey. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment