Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day One: Introduction










This blog is a challenge for me to complete one painting per day for a year. That's 365 works. Why am I doing this you ask? It's not that I need something to do-being a full time worker and part time student pretty much takes up all that extra "energy and free time" people keep talking about.



I guess I am doing this because I really love painting and want to become better and better at it. I just ordered a great book from amazon, Acrylic Revolution and should have it by Tuesday.




I've been painting for a few months now, and I want to learn and practice more and more- but with limited time and knowledge I can only go so far. Not having the time to take and art class (which would be a normal person's approach an who wants that anyways) I will watch videos on youtube, buy art books on amazon, blog, and even paint by freaking number if I have to! (Though I hope it will never come to that.)






Oh- and I am also attempting to run a jewelry business on the side. I am currently in the process of developing some great pieces that will be finished just in time for them to go out of style.



But I digress... This blog is not about the jewelry, it is about the painting. I will also be featuring one painting per week from other artists that I admire. I have my current paintings up in my Etsy shop for your viewing pleasure. I would love any comments or critiques that you may have. This is going to be an exiting year. Creating one painting per day and sharing it with my readers. (Hopefully there will be readers).

No comments:

Post a Comment